The School Council say:
“We are the people that represent our classes. We work as a group to get the best for everyone. We take our responsibilities for ourselves and others seriously, and we discuss ideas. We know how to discuss suggestions fairly and know when a suggestion is not sensible/possible. We are here to help and look out for children of all ages. We are a team.”
How pupils are elected:
The School Council uses an election process to ensure that children start to gain an understanding of democracy. Their main job is to respond to requests from the school classes, the Headteacher and FESA. You should see them in action at a fundraising event! The meetings will run by the children and will have guidance and support from Mrs Godfrey.
- Being part of the interview process to appoint the current Headteacher, Mrs Fulstow.
- Promoting Fairtrade.
- Helping at school events.
- Leading assemblies.
- Creating a Kindness Charter.
- Distributing Harvest boxes
- To re-instate the suggestion boxes in school.
- To run a healthy fruit stall.